|Job Title||COVID-19 Tester|
|Location||Care Ambulance of California|
|Department||Clinical / QA|
|Reports to||Lisa Carrillo|
Falck USA is a global emergency medical services provider originating from Denmark that services 4 states in the US including: California, Washington, Oregon, and Colorado. Falck has been operating in the US since 2010 and is the second largest private provider of emergency medical services in the country today. Our BLS and ALS services impact not only the lives of our patients, but their families and communities.
Why work for Falck USA:
If you are looking for an opportunity to develop your skills, grow and develop your career, and make an impact within your community, we are the right fit for you! Submit your application today using the link below for further consideration.
- Presents himself/herself in a professional manner and displays a good public image for the employee and Falck USA in accordance with company policy.
- Adheres to the policies and procedures of Falck USA, including the operation’s Standard Operating Procedures and Medical Protocols.
- Participates and completes all daily assignments proficiently, punctually and in accordance with the directives of the Operations Supervisor, General Manager and other management team members.
- Completes appropriate documentation in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Provides an environment and equipment conducive to safety for patients, family members, visitors, and employees, and in compliance with set precautions and approved standards. Assesses risks to patient safety.
- Operates the emergency vehicle in a safe manner at all times.
- Maintains vehicles and stations in a clean and presentable manner at all times. The employee shall strive to exceed Falck USA expectations for cleanliness of the vehicles and stations.
- Responds to instructions from dispatcher and drives specially equipped emergency vehicles to specified locations.
- Develops and strives to achieve personal and professional goals established by the employee. Utilizes all resources available to achieve personal and professional goals.
- Maintains communications equipment, medical equipment and supplies in accordance with applicable standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing and assisting with on-site specimen collection.
- Implementing standing orders
- Test site maintenance including set-up and clean-up of remote testing locations
- Gathering needed supplies and transporting to testing locations
- Must adhere to Care Ambulance PPE standards for testing location
- Must adhere to confidentiality and HIPAA guidelines
- Other duties as needed
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Basic assessment skills and knowledge of anatomy.
- Knowledge of HIPAA confidentiality requirements and commitment to safeguarding client information.
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle and have license and insurance in good standing.
- Ability to prioritize needs and plan work assignments accordingly.
- Ability to work with patients, significant others and family members from diverse populations.
- Ability to communicate effectively and maintain working relationships with others.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time, and walk between office buildings.
Licenses and Certifications
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Current state EMT certification
- OC Ambulance Driver/Attendant Accreditation (preferred)
- Current state driver’s license.
- Satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Falck USA Driving Policy.
- Other qualifications specific to the local operation and/or contract.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other employees and medical agencies to provide the highest level of patient care.
- Ability to read and interpret all required documents and write required reports and correspondence.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to work effectively with a diverse range of individuals, teams, managers, supervisors, and external customers.
- Excellent ability to communicate and work cohesively across Department lines.
- Must have the ability to consistently deliver outstanding customer service to all internal and external customers.
- Strong organization skills and attentiveness to detail.
- Ability to maintain a professional manner and appearance at all times.
- Ability to speak both English and Spanish are highly preferred.
Falck is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer / An Equal Opportunity Employer. Our employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, gender identity, gender expression, citizenship, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.Click here to review the complete job description