|Job Title||COVID-19 VACCINE VACCINATOR (Medical Assistants, Paramedics,|
|Location||Care Ambulance of California|
|Department||Clinical / QA|
Falck USA is a global emergency medical services provider originating from Denmark that services 6 states in the US including: California, Washington, Oregon, Florida, Maryland, and Colorado. Falck has been operating in the US since 2010 and is the second largest private provider of emergency medical services in the country today. Our BLS and ALS services impact not only the lives of our patients, but their families and communities.
Why work for Falck USA:
If you are looking for an opportunity to develop your skills, grow and develop your career, and make an impact within your community, we are the right fit for you! Submit your application today using the link below for further consideration.
COVID-19 VACCINE VACCINATOR (EMTs, Medical Assistants, Paramedics, LVN’s, RN’s)
In this temporary position, the COVID Vaccine Vaccinator assists with Falck Mobile Health Corps., vaccination efforts. This role will primarily be utilized to support mass vaccination efforts, with potential to expand to other Falck locations, affiliated sites, and outreach operations within the Southern California region. Number of hours and shifts may fluctuate, to including weekends and evenings.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES:
- Documents all patient care provided in a timely, accurate, and concise manner.
- Administers specified medication intermuscular injection, and notes proper documentation.
- Prepares vaccination for administration according to manufacturer and FALCK medical direction and instruction.
- Maintains quality and medication handling standards during admixture, preparation, and transport of vaccine within the facility.
- Maintains awareness of medication storage guidelines, including cold chain considerations.
- Communicates any recognized variations in handling and storage procedures to supervisor
- Seeks validation of knowledge base, skill level and decision making as necessary.
- Assertively seeks guidance in areas of question.
- Demonstrates awareness of legal issues in all aspects of patient care and departmental functioning. Strive to manage situations in a manner, which minimizes risk to the patient and the institution.
- Demonstrates an awareness of self-responsibility for own professional practice.
- Demonstrates appropriate delegation of tasks and duties in the direction and coordination of health care team members, patient care and department activities.
- Demonstrates effective communication methods and skills, utilizing appropriate reporting structures.
- Formulates positive working relationships with all health care customers and employees.
- Must adhere to all of FALCK's behavioral standards.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
Medical credentials to administer vaccinations either independently or under the direction of a medical professional. (i.e. Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse, Registered Nurse, Paramedic, Medical Assistant)/
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Medical credentials to administer vaccinations either independently or under the direction of a medical professional. (i.e. Licensed Practical Nurse, Registered Nurse, Paramedic, Nursing Students, Medical Student)
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers certification.
FalckUSA is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. It is FalckUSA's policy to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants for employment, and not to discriminate on any basis of age, citizenship, color, disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, or any class protected by State law.
This employer will consider qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with Los Angeles Ordinance 184652.
Click here to review the complete job description