|Job Title||EMT Basic|
|Location||Care Ambulance of California|
|Reports to||Operations Manager|
|Additional Information||EMT - 201910|
Trained to deliver quality patient care and medical service throughout the region, our EMTs gain invaluable skills which have been proven to serve as the foundation for their entire career. Many of our EMTs join Falck to embark upon a career that is rewarding and impactful to the lives of many people. Our EMTs gain valuable experience while working at Care Ambulance, a Falck company. Most importantly, they will be able to successfully develop lifelong skills applicable throughout their professional careers.
The primary responsibilities of the EMT include responding to emergency and non-emergency requests, providing basic life support (BLS) as needed, and transporting sick or injured persons to the appropriate medical facility.
This job posting is for our EMT position across Southern California. Care Ambulance provides patient care to the communities of Orange and Los Angeles counties. While employees have the choice to pick the county they want to work in, at any time, they are expected to work in a different area to meet the needs of the business and our community. For a complete map and list of the communities we serve, please visit our website at www.careambulance.net.
Interested individuals may submit an application as long as they meet the following criteria:
- At least 18 years of age
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Current and valid California driver’s license
- Current and valid BLS for Healthcare Providers from the American Heart Association (AHA)
- Current and valid NREMT license
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Satisfactory driving record in accordance with Care Ambulance Driving Policy.
- Pass “Post-Offer” medical evaluation, drug screening and background process.
- May be subject to D.O.T. drug testing program, including random testing.
- Other qualifications specific to the local operation, City and/or contract.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other employees and medical agencies to provide the highest level of patient care.
- Ability to read and interpret all required documents and write required reports and correspondence, including Patient Care Reports (PCRs).
- Physical ability to perform all tasks required in the performance of typical EMT duties including, but not limited to, bending/stooping, pushing, pulling, lifting at established weight requirements, climbing, working at heights, etc. (satisfactorily meet company bi-annual physical assessments/tests).
- Ability to consistently deliver outstanding customer service to all internal and external patients and customers
- Strong interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills with an ability to work effectively with a diverse range of individuals, coworkers, supervisors, patients, customers, and outside agencies (fire departments, police departments, hospital staff, etc.).
- Strong organizational skills and attentiveness to detail.
- Ability to maintain a professional manner and appearance at all times.
The individual must possess and maintain the following items during the duration of his/her employment:
- California EMT license
- BLS for Healthcare Providers from the American Heart Association (AHA)
- Ambulance Driver Certificate
- California Driver’s License
- Medical Examiner’s Certificate (DL-51)
- Orange County Ambulance Driver/Attendant license
- PPD skin test
The individual in this position must possess the following education requirements. If he/she has received a job offer, these items will be obtained during Care Ambulance’s hiring process or new hire orientation training.
- Completion of IS-100 course from EMI or equivalent
- Completion of IS-200 course from EMI or equivalent
- Completion of IS-700 course from EMI or equivalent
- Completion of IS-800 course from EMI or equivalent
- Completion of Introduction to Hazardous Materials course
- Completion of Bloodborne and Airborne Pathogen course
- Completion of Certified Emergency Vehicle Operator (CEVO) course
Do you think you have what it takes to be a Care EMT? Join our team of EMS professionals today and we’ll put the CARE in your CAREER.
Competitive Salary – Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance – 401(k) Retirement Plan – Holiday Pay – Paid Time Off – Paid Uniforms
Care Ambulance Service is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. It is Care Ambulance Service's policy to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants for employment, and not to discriminate on any basis of age, citizenship, color, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, military or veteran status, marital status, national origin, race, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any class protected by State law.
Care Ambulance Service is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. It is Care Ambulance Service's policy to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants for employment, and not to discriminate on any basis of age, citizenship, color, disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, or any class protected by State law.
This employer will consider qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with Los Angeles Ordinance 184652.Click here to review the complete job description