|Job Title||Billing Representative|
|Location||Orange, CA - Orange County|
|Department||Billing / Collections|
|Reports to||Christina Whitehead|
|Additional Information||201909 - Cities|
|Pay Grade||$15 to 17.50 per hour|
Job Objective: Bright, quick-thinking, detail oriented individual with excellent communication and written skills with at least two years of experience in HMO, HMO Risk, Medicare, Worker’s Comp and other IPA claims processing for the City of La Habra and all other City response accounts.
- Verify Insurance and invoicing for La Habra on a daily basis.
- Claims processing – Access OCMEDS/Paperclip for EMS reports. Process a minimum of 25 response claims per hour.
- Daily Workflows – Should be worked to zero on a daily basis
- Insurance Paid Direct to Patient
- Unauthorized Partial Payment
- Maintain Refund Workflow and submit to Supervisor for Approval
- Answer and respond to questions and telephone calls from insurance companies, other payers and patients in a courteous manner.
- Return Mail & Skip Tracing – update Modify Customer
- Perform other work related tasks as assigned.
- Must be up to date on current HCPCs codes
- Computer literate.
- Skilled in data input.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Knowledgeable in claims billing and appeal process
- Knowledge of medical terminology and related coding.
- Ability to read and interpret explanation of medical benefits.
- Display a willingness to work as a team player.
- High school diploma and two years of medical billing experience.
- Bilingual and Spanish speaking candidate is preferred.
FalckUSA is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. It is FalckUSA's policy to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants for employment, and not to discriminate on any basis of age, citizenship, color, disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, or any class protected by State law.
This employer will consider qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with Los Angeles Ordinance 184652.Click here to review the complete job description