|Location||Orange, CA - Orange County|
|Reports to||Benjamin Baker|
|Shifts hiring||Full-time, Night Shift|
|Pay Grade||$15 - $17 Hourly Depending on Experience|
The Dispatcher may be assigned one of more duties. These duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Receive and prioritizes all incoming telephone calls. Demonstrates the ability to effectively channel emergency and non-emergency calls to appropriate personnel.
- Efficiently dispatch vehicles to emergency and non-emergency calls in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates the ability to make accurate moment to moment decision making in regard to the dispatch of emergency and non-emergency vehicles.
- Effectively triages all in coming requests for service according to the CBD (Criteria Based Dispatch) for individual counties. Training will be provided for employees.
- Obtains required information from party requesting medical transport (as set forth by communications manager).
- Maintains professional telecommunication contact with field units and other agencies comprising emergency service network to communicate activities of personnel, enlist services of other protective agencies, or provide alternative directions to on scene personnel; demonstrates ability to effectively use paging system, Nextel’s, cell phones and land lines, and all portable or mounted radios; troubleshoots problems mechanical / equipment problems and contacts lead dispatcher, communication supervisor, and communication manager as appropriate.
- Participate in training programs as required. Completes Level I training within timeline set by communications manager. After competency is determined as a Level I dispatcher, completes Level II training (necessary to function as a dispatcher or relief person when called upon).
- Prepare and complete reports stating progress, problems and statistics for review by appropriate managers and supervisors.
- Perform basic data entry; demonstrate ability to learn new computer programs and perform some advanced data entry.
The Dispatcher may be assigned one of more additional duties. These duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Attends all communication meetings.
- Assist with providing information for investigations of incidents as required.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned by Communications Supervisor or Communications Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The individual in this position must possess the following qualifications:
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to work effectively with a diverse range of individuals, teams, managers, supervisors, and external customers. Excellent ability to communicate and work cohesively across Department lines.
- Must have computer competency including proficiency with Microsoft Suite, and understanding of database programs.
- Typing 40 wpm (minimum).
- Must have the ability to consistently deliver outstanding customer service to all internal and external customers.
- Highly dependable and ability to meet internal deadlines consistently.
- Strong organization skills and attentiveness to detail.
- Flexible and adaptable, willing and able to adjust to rapidly changing priorities.
- Must have the ability to work independently as well as in groups. Ability to maintain a professional manner and appearance at all times.
- One to two years of EMS and/or dispatch related experience and/or training preferred.
- Knowledge of CAD system and range of software recommended.
- Knowledge of Orange County Metro area and the outlining counties (OC, LA) preferred.
- EMD (Emergency Medical Dispatcher) obtained within specified time period determined by Communications Manager.
- Must have the ability to distinguish color differences as the CAD computer uses multiple colors to distinguish the status of ambulances.
- Have no non-correctable deficiency in normal vision.
- Be able to function in a high stress environment where the work goes from minimal to overload within moments.
- Have no hearing impairment that would interfere with using a normal telephone and/or working a radio channel simultaneously.
- Must have a mature, courteous, and decisive nature in order to provide maximum customer service under stressful conditions.
The individual in this position must possess the following education requirements:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- EMD Certification preferred
- AHA CPR Certification, obtained within 30 days of hire
FalckUSA is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. It is FalckUSA's policy to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants for employment, and not to discriminate on any basis of age, citizenship, color, disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, or any class protected by State law.
This employer will consider qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with Los Angeles Ordinance 184652.Click here to review the complete job description