|Location||Care Ambulance of California|
|Reports to||Accounting Manager|
Pay Status/FLSA Code:
Care Ambulance Service is one of the largest private ambulance providers in Southern California. As an Accountant you will be responsible for month end closing, analysis and internal financial reporting, including preparation of financial reporting package and analysis. Additional responsibilities include: reconciliations and journal entries.
We’re looking for an Accountant to join the team. The ideal candidate is a detail oriented problem solver with a strategic mindset. You should be comfortable ensuring the timeliness and accuracy of multiple pieces of information and you should be an effective, results driven team member who’s able to contribute to the success of the team.
The Accountant may be assigned one or more duties. These duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Overall general accounting functions including journal entries, general ledger maintenance, account analysis, and other duties associated with the general accounting.
· Prepare and record month-end closing journal entries, run month-end reports and analysis.
· Maintain fixed assets ledger and supporting accounting schedules.
· Perform special projects.
· Work with auditors to complete external audits in a timely manner.
· Review and evaluate encountered financial transactions and report for data integrity and policy/procedural compliance.
· Perform complex accounting research and financial statement analysis.
· Communicate and explain accounting issues to the management team.
· Implement and maintain reporting procedures to comply with internal control requirements.
· Help to serve as a technical expert on a variety of issues
· Maintain integrity of financial statements and disclosures, including compliance with US GAAP and IFRS.
· Ensure timeliness and accuracy in development and execution of monthly reporting package for the monthly close process.
· Answering technical questions and providing requested financial information.
· Assist in preparation, analysis of comprehensive short-term and long-term financial forecasts/budgets,
The Accountant may be assigned one or more additional duties. These duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prepare audit schedules for annual financial audit
- Assist with yearend audit
- Financial reporting
- Other duties as assigned by Controller
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The individual in this position should possess the following qualifications:
- BS degree in Accounting/Finance is required
- 3+ years public accounting experience preferred
- CPA License preferred
- Microsoft Word
- QuickBooks or similar Accounting program
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV experience preferred
- Microsoft Excel to create documents and spreadsheets
Care Ambulance Service is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. It is Care Ambulance Service's policy to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants for employment, and not to discriminate on any basis of age, citizenship, color, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, military or veteran status, marital status, national origin, race, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any class protected by State law.