|Job Title||EMT Basic|
|Location||Orange, CA - Orange County|
|Reports to||Operations Manager|
Trained to deliver quality patient care and medical service throughout the region, Care EMTs gain invaluable skills which have been proven to serve as the foundation for their entire career. Serving as a strong stepping stone, many of Care’s EMTs proudly move on to careers within the fire, law enforcement, and medical professions. The experience gained while working for Care will develop lifelong skills applicable to all walks of life.
The primary responsibility of the EMT is to respond to emergency and non-emergency requests, provides basic life support (BLS) as needed, and transports sick or injured persons to the appropriate medical facility.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The individual in this position must possess the following qualifications:
- Current California driver’s license. Satisfactory driving record in accordance with Care Ambulance Driving Policy.
- Current California Ambulance Driver's License.
- Current Medical Examiner’s Certificate.
- Pass “Post-Offer” medical evaluation, drug screening and background process.
- May be subject to D.O.T. drug testing program, including random testing.
- Other qualifications specific to the local operation, City and/or contract.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other employees and medical agencies to provide the highest level of patient care.
- Ability to read and interpret all required documents and write required reports and correspondence.
- Physical ability to perform all tasks required in the performance of typical EMT duties including but not limited to bending/stooping, pushing, pulling, lifting at established weight requirements, climbing, working at heights, etc. (satisfactorily meet company bi-annual physical assessments/tests).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to work effectively with a diverse range of individuals, teams, managers, supervisors, and external customers. Excellent ability to communicate and work cohesively across Department lines.
- Must have the ability to consistently deliver outstanding customer service to all internal and external customers.
- Strong organization skills and attentiveness to detail.
- Ability to maintain a professional manner and appearance at all times.
- Within (14 days) of employment, EMT must have: CEVO (Certified Emergency Vehicle Operator)
The individual in this position must possess the following education requirements:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Current state EMT certification
- Current Orange County EMS EMT Accreditation
- Current American Heart Association CPR for the Healthcare Provider card
- Completion of IS-100 b course from EMI or equivalent
- Completion of IS-200 b course from EMI or equivalent
- Completion of IS-700 a course from EMI or equivalent
- Completion of Introduction to Hazardous Materials course
- Completion of Bloodborne and Airborne Pathogen course
Do you think you have what it takes to be a Care EMT? Join our team of EMS professionals today and we guarantee that we’ll put the CARE in your CAREER.
Competitive Salary – Health Benefits – 401(k) – Holiday Pay – Paid Time Off
Care Ambulance Service is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. It is Care Ambulance Service's policy to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants for employment, and not to discriminate on any basis of age, citizenship, color, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, military or veteran status, marital status, national origin, race, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression or any class protected by State law.
Care Ambulance Service is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. It is Care Ambulance Service's policy to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants for employment, and not to discriminate on any basis of age, citizenship, color, disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, or any class protected by State law.
This employer will consider qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with Los Angeles Ordinance 184652.