|Location||Care Ambulance of California|
The primary job responsibilities of the Scheduler are to record hours of work, coordinate schedules, monitor basic operations, and process recorded hours as required for Payroll.
The Scheduler may be assigned one or more duties. These duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Fill schedule vacancies to meet staffing requirements.
- Calculate time cards for hourly (non-exempt) employees.
- Monitor PTO balances and process time off requests in accordance with Falck Aurora policies and procedures.
- Build and update schedule templates and employee profiles within the electronic scheduling system.
- Compose and disseminate routine correspondence to EMS personnel as needed for scheduling.
- Work closely with EMS personnel, supervisory staff, and Management to coordinate the schedule and payroll efforts.
- Demonstrate professionalism and courtesy to all internal and external customers.
The Scheduler may be assigned one or more additional duties. These duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Effectively communicate with Management regarding scheduling status and overtime.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned by Management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The individual in this position must possess the following qualifications:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Typing 40 wpm (minimum).
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to work effectively with a diverse range of individuals, teams, managers, supervisors, and external customers. Excellent ability to communicate and work cohesively across Department lines.
- Must have computer competency including proficiency with Microsoft Suite, and understanding of scheduling programs.
- Must have the ability to consistently deliver outstanding customer service to all internal and external customers.
- Highly dependable and ability to meet internal deadlines consistently.
- Strong organization skills and attentiveness to detail.
- Flexible and adaptable, willing and able to adjust to rapidly changing priorities.
- Must have the ability to work independently as well as in groups.
- Ability to maintain a professional manner and appearance at all times.
The individual in this position must possess the following education requirements:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the individual to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/ or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Occasionally: Must have the ability to lift, carry and balance up to 15 pounds.
Frequently: Good manual dexterity, typing wpm 40, with the ability to perform all tasks related to the position of Administrative Assistant.
Constantly: Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time, possess hand-eye-foot coordination and color recognition. Ability to hear and understand spoken words via telephone and in person.
The mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Occasionally: Memorization, critical judgment, problem solving.
Frequently: Simple and complex math skills, reasoning, ability to read, interpret and correspond in various written communication formats.
Constantly: Ethical judgment and reasoning, logic, active listening skills, strategic decision making, ability to communicate effectively in written and verbal formats.
The individual in this position must be familiar with using the following equipment to perform the essential functions of this job.
Occasionally: Fax machine, copy machine, hole-punch, calculator, laminator, scanner.
Frequently: Printer, telephone, clock.
The working environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Travel approximately 0% of time.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The statements in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to the classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. This document in no way constitutes a contract of employment. Falck USA reserves the right to modify job descriptions, policies or any other procedural documents at any time, for any reason without prior notice.