|Department||Fleet / Maintenance|
|Reports to||Maintenance Manager|
|Shifts hiring||Full-time, Night Shift|
The Fleet Maintenance Technician will perform preventative maintenance and repairs for the Care Ambulance Service fleet of vehicles.
1) Perform preventative maintenance services and repairs, under the direction of your assigned Lead Technician.
2) Operate shop equipment including tire machine and balancer, fluid exchange equipment, a/c service machine and brake lathe.
3) Monitor and report to assigned Lead Technician any warranty repairs necessary to company fleet, from various vendors.
4) Coordinate with assigned Lead Technician and be accountable for the efficient operation of the fleet repair shop.
5) Perform maintenance and repair record keeping as required.
6) If not ASE Certified, apply for and test for certification in appropriate categories.
7) Update training as needed on Ford and Chevrolet Chassis, power train and electronic engine controls and vehicle computer systems to keep current with technical advances and changes.
8) Practice and promote shop safety and cleanliness. Shop will be cleaned up on a daily basis.
9) Other duties as assigned.
- At least 1-2 years experience in the automotive repair or maintenance field.
- Have knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures in vehicle maintenance and repairs.
- Work with Lead Technician who will supervise and instruct daily job functions.
- Must maintain ability to be insured through company’s insurance carriers and operate all company vehicles.
- Be able to pass a pre-employment background investigation and medical evaluation, including a post offer drug screening.
- Must have current California Driver’s License, and driving record must be acceptable under Care’s insurance program.
- Failure to maintain an acceptable driving record shall result in termination of employment.
Care Ambulance Service is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. It is Care Ambulance Service's policy to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants for employment, and not to discriminate on any basis of age, citizenship, color, disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, or any class protected by State law.
This employer will consider qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with Los Angeles Ordinance 184652.