|Job Title||Registered Nurse|
|Location||Care Ambulance of California|
|Reports to||Director of CCT Services|
|Shifts hiring||Part-time, Full-time|
Provides direct patient care in the transportation of patients acting under the California Nurse Practice Act, AACN, JACHO guidelines, ACLS and PALS protocol, and Company Policy and Procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1) Rapid response to patient care and/or critical calls, providing the critically ill or injured patient with intensive nursing care, monitoring and emergency intervention during ambulance transports
2) Maintain equipment in working order and inventory/restock supplies at beginning and end of every shift
3) Perform rapid physical assessments with frequent reassessing and interventions as needed
4) Recognition of life threatening conditions and perform basic and/or advanced life support measures as required
5) Skillful utilization/operation of CCT equipment and other special equipment
6) Responsible for complete and accurate documentation of patient care records and physician orders
7) Obtain copies of all patient transport records and x-rays
8) Facilitate and participate in developing a productive working relationship with co-workers, physicians, and representatives from other agencies/facilities
9) Direct CCT team members appropriate
10) Consistently meet all criteria for professional growth with continuing education and job requirements
11) Maintain an understanding of current policies and procedures
12) Deliver excellent customer service
13) Responsible for adhering to all company policies and procedures
14) Perform other duties as required
- Nursing degree from an accredited college
- Current California Registered Nurse license.
- Current BLS, ACLS, PALS, and ATCN/TNCC/PHTLS (within 6 months of hire) certification.
- Minimum of 4 years of full time experience in critical/emergency care within the past 5 years.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills.
Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to perform medical procedures and assessments, reach with hands and arms, and speak and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is required to stand, walk, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, and smell. The employee is required to maintain adequate physical conditioning to be able to perform job duties. Job duties are often performed at high stress levels requiring employee to function effectively and independently while maintaining good working relationships with partners, patients, and customers. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 125 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.