|Location||Care Ambulance of California|
|Reports to||Accounting Manager|
Pay Status/FLSA Code:
Reviewed & Updated:
Accountant will responsible for month end closing, analysis and internal financial reporting, including preparation of financial reporting package and analysis. Additional responsibilities include: reconciliations and journal entries.
The Accountant may be assigned one or more duties. These duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Overall general accounting functions including journal entries, general ledger maintenance, account analysis, and other duties associated with the general accounting.
· Prepare and record month-end closing journal entries, run month-end reports and analysis.
· Maintain fixed assets ledger and supporting accounting schedules.
· Perform special projects.
· Work with auditors to complete external audits in a timely manner.
· Review and evaluate encountered financial transactions and report for data integrity and policy/procedural compliance.
· Perform complex accounting research and financial statement analysis.
· Communicate and explain accounting issues to the management team.
· Implement and maintain reporting procedures to comply with internal control requirements.
· Help to serve as a technical expert on a variety of issues
· Maintain integrity of financial statements and disclosures, including compliance with US GAAP and IFRS.
· Ensure timeliness and accuracy in development and execution of monthly reporting package for the monthly close process.
· Answering technical questions and providing requested financial information.
· Assist in preparation, analysis of comprehensive short-term and long-term financial forecasts/budgets,
The Accountant may be assigned one or more additional duties. These duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prepare audit schedules for annual financial audit
- Assist with yearend audit
- Financial reporting
- Other duties as assigned by Controller
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The individual in this position must possess the following qualifications:
- CPA License
- QuickBooks or similar Accounting program
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV experience highly desirable
- Microsoft Excel to create documents and spreadsheets
The individual in this position must possess the following education requirements:
- BS degree in accounting/finance is required with two to five plus years of experience and solid analytic skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools. Or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stool, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee occasionally is required to use a sense of smell.
The employee must frequently lift transfer, maneuver, load and otherwise move equipment or boxes weighing up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Occasionally: Must have the ability to lift, transfer, maneuver, load, and move boxes up to 50 pounds. Use sense of smell and walk.
Frequently: Memorization, critical judgment, and problem-solving.
Constantly: Ability to sit for extended periods of time, talk, and possesses hand-eye-foot coordination, and color coordination.
The mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Memorization, critical judgment, and problem-solving.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Ability to work in a fast paced, growing environment.
Ability to read and interpret budgets and projections.
Ability to analyze internal financial reporting.
Ability to prepare financial reporting package and analysis.
Ability to handle month-end closing, including reconciliations and journal entries.
The individual in this position must be familiar with using the following equipment to perform the essential functions of this job.
Occasionally: Fax machine, copy machine, hole-punch, calculator.
Frequently: Printer, telephone
The working environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Accounting Manager works Full Time, Monday through Friday.
Hours may vary with the ability to travel to locations outside the office will be required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.