|Location||LA County, CA||*Position is based out of LA County, CA|
|Reports to||Operations Manager / Paramedic Coordinator|
SUMMARY: Provides advanced life support and basic life support emergency medical care, patient assessment and care, transport services, and other services by performing the following duties. In addition, performs all of the duties of and must meet the qualifications of an Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic/Driver.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must meet the qualifications of an Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic/Driver.
- In general, no criminal record in which the individual received a verdict of other than non guilty in a criminal proceeding. However, specific factors, including but not necessarily limited to how recent the criminal proceeding, the nature of the criminal act, and other factors will be utilized by Administration in determining relevance and overall impact on the individual’s suitability for initial or continued employment.
- After initial company orientation and training, must complete with a satisfactory rating, a minimum of 30 hours of ride along time with an ALS certified Field Training Officer.
- May not be concurrently employed by any other ambulance service or any other entity which could pose a conflict.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred and ALS certification as indicated above.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
1. Must maintain valid, current AL license as Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic.
- Must maintain BCLS and ACLS certifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following
- Provide advanced life support treatment of patients.
- Safe and efficient operation of ambulances and other company vehicles and equipment.
- Basic life support treatment and transportation of sick and injured persons.
- Providing emergency medical treatment, while not exceeding the level of skill, training and certification of the individual employee.
- Full compliance with all applicable state, local, and federal regulations and laws, pertaining to but not limited to protocols, standards of care, motor vehicle operations, and patient rights.
- Observes patient, records significant conditions and treatments rendered.
- Takes temperature, pulse, blood pressure, and other vital signs to detect deviations from normal and assess condition of patient.
- Prepares inventories and stocks supplies and inspects equipment for proper operation.
- Cleans and disinfects interior of ambulance. Cleans and details exterior of ambulance. Cleaning and maintaining the cleanliness and proper stocking of the ambulance, company vehicles, equipment, office, lounge, and bathrooms.
- Must be able to safely lift, transfer and maneuver patients in and out of ambulances, facilities, residences and other locations.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with patients, family members, medical personnel, and the general public in verbal and written form.
- Must have reliable transportation and must report to work punctually for all scheduled shifts and in proper uniform.
- Maintaining a clean and complete uniform, personal hygiene, and professional, pleasant and polite demeanor to all persons with whom the individual comes in contact with while on duty.
- Must be available, willing and able to work, when requested up to and including 60 minutes prior to the scheduled shift start time and may be dispatched an additional transport, if the employee is still on the clock up to and including their scheduled shift end time. Specific requirements are explained in the Procedure Manual.
- Completing and maintaining accurate records and documentation with regard to transport, equipment inspection, supplies usage incidents and other forms of documentation inherent in the operation.
- Promote the company, perform public relations when assigned, perform standby coverage at special events, deliver medical equipment and supplies when assigned, and other details when assigned.
- Attending company meetings and educational sessions whenever possible.
- Inspecting and promptly reporting damage, deficiencies, safety issues or other problems with ambulances, company vehicles, equipment and supplies, or any other matters relevant to the safe, efficient and proper operation of the company. Such reports are to be made immediately to Administration.
- Reporting immediately to Administration in writing any change in the employee’s driving record status, certification status or any other change in circumstances or status which could affect the individual’s ability to effectively and safely perform the duties of the position or to otherwise qualify for the position held.
- Reporting immediately to Administration in writing any change in the employee’s health status or physical status which could affect the individual’s ability to effectively safely perform the duties of the position, or to otherwise qualify for the position held.
- Reporting immediately to Administration any change in information provided to the company on employment records or other company records.
- In the interest of maintaining the highest level of quality patient care, safety, and efficiency of operation, it is the responsibility of each employee to report immediately to Administration any violation of the personnel policies or procedures.
- Compliance with all provisions of the Personnel Policies and Procedures Manual, as well as all other company rules, regulations, directives, or instructions from supervisors.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality regarding all information pertaining to company policies, pricing, contract terms, trade secrets, competitive information, strategic information, patient date, forms, manuals, charts, employee data, or any other sensitive or confidential information obtained while employed by or pertaining to the company, it’s employees, business information, or patients. Due to the extremely sensitive nature of this position, this duty of strict confidentiality extends beyond the term of employment.
- Supervised by and reports to Operations Management (including Shift Supervisors, Field Supervisors.)
- Other duties as assigned by Administration.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools. Or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stool, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee occasionally is required to use a sense of smell.
The employee must frequently lift transfer, maneuver, load and otherwise move clients and/or equipment weighing up to 250 pounds. Such maneuvers are often performed in surroundings which involve numerous steps, narrow pathways, and around obstacles, and often must be performed in a time efficient manner while still ensuring their own safety as well as the safety of the client, their partner, and any other individuals or objects in the area. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works in outside weather conditions. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Care Ambulance Service is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. It is Care Ambulance Service's policy to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants for employment, and not to discriminate on any basis of age, citizenship, color, disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, or any class protected by State law.
This employer will consider qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with Los Angeles Ordinance 184652.